Browse Exhibits (3 total)
Biographies of Wilson College Presidents from 1869 to present.
A brief history of the John Stewart Memorial Library on the Wilson College campus.
The Library opened in 1925. An addition was made to the building in the early 1960s.
In 2015, the Library opened with its historic frontage restored and a new learning commons addition to replace the previous iteration. In honor of the new building, the Library and Archives created a display on the library's history, which has been reproduced digitally here.
The Wilson College Antiquities Collection dates to the 1920s, when efforts were begun by Wilson's Classics professor at that time, A. Mildred Franklin, to create a collection of artifacts representative of various periods and styles. The Collection contains objects of Egyptian, Greek, Roman, Mycenaean, and Etruscan origin, dating from the third millennium B.C.E. to 500 C.E. Objects have been contributed by faculty and administration, the Wilson College Classics Club, alumnae, students, and other institutions.
This online exhibit features a small number of pieces from the collection currently on view at the Hankey Center at Wilson College.
Double click on the thumbnails to view the full photograph and description.